Soo... I just might be a few months behind, and Hunter might have changed just a LITTLE bit since 18 months... but I figured if I don't write something down, he's seriously going to be riding his bike off to a friend's house before you even know that he says poo-poo, gives a mean thumbs up, or can climb up onto the couch! There's gotta be some order, people... and I've not been maintaining it!
Without further ado, (because apparently I've been floating around in "further ado" land and not actually writing a post) here are a few words Hunter has been saying/singing/yelling/whispering lately. This is not exhaustive. Hundreds more words have passed through his lips but a) I have no idea what he's saying or b) I simply cannot remember that he said it or c) it just seemed normal that he would say it, and it didn't even cross my mind that he was talking!
Some family:
Mama
Dada
GG & Pappy
Mimi & Bapa
Kiki & ______ (Jeremy)
"Beee" & Datee (Uncle Brandon & Auntie Cory)
"Eeee" (Uncle Eric)
Granny (great grandma)
Sorry to those other family members he has no name for..... he'll come around someday! I promise that by the time he's 15 he'll have everyone (sorry, we have a big family!)
Some Words:
uh-oh
poo-poo
pee-pee
potty
diaper
burp
baboon (balloon)
baby
beebee (frisbee)
beebee (binky)
ball
baps (bat)
yeah
yes!
bye-bye
na-nan (all done)
na na (blanket)
pop pop (popcorn)
nanny (snacks)
woof-woof (dog)
nanny (bunny)
beeps/bips (dips like hummus)
bubble
dot
nine (line, like drawing a line)
cheese
peas
whee (slide)
jeece (juice)
hoorah (like, 'the ants go marching one by one, hoorah, hoorah, etc..)
brrr (like, he's cold)
Some Sign Language he still uses:
swing
milk
bath time
kitty
eat/hungry
apple
thank you
Some New Things:
If ever hunter hits us (which is fairly rare but it happens) he immediately follows it up with a kiss. And not just within the next 20 seconds.... Sometimes, he puts his hand out to hit us when he is very angry, but leans in at the same time to give us a kiss. He gets a little confused and the whole thing is a sloppy mess of arm-movement and face-smash. It's almost too humorous to get him in trouble! But either way, he can't be passing out hits OR kisses at random in life. Just not something we think would get him very far.... at any stage of his life!
He loves breakfast. It's probably the time I can get him to eat the most. Oatmeal, cereal, fruit, bacon, ham, smoothie, toast, cheese, peas,...whatever strikes our fancy! Its the best time to get him to actually focus on food, and not be SO tired before nap time, or so interested in his toys that he won't even try a bite. Realizing this more and more, I'm going to need to sneak a few more protein-filled things into his morning, as sometimes at the end of the day.... I look back on lunch and dinner, and I'm a little embarrassed at his food intake.
This boy loves to dance! Especially if he can get one other person to boogie with him, he'll giggle and giggle while running in circles and jumping and rolling on the ground. He generally needs music... but I think this kid has the music inside that keeps him energized!
His Uncle "B" taught him how to "Raise the Roof". I seriously canNOT get enough of this move, and I really really really hope he keeps it around a few more months before he realizes how wrong he does it! You really have to see it for yourself, so it's not even worth me trying to describe! Just picture all the ways he could raise the roof....and pick the cutest one. That's the one.
He's been in and out of 'book-stages' but when he's IN, it is SO awesome to see him absorbing so many books, learning something on each new page he turns.
Sometimes, when I bend over to pick something up, he runs up behind me to tickle my back. I seriously don't think we taught him that?? But he gets me every time - I don't even have to pretend how much it tickles! I wonder if they know the difference between fake and real laughs.... I'm sure there's something to that!
He loves his cousins; As young as 6 1/2 months, and as old as 8! It's so fun to see him interact with all of the different stages of the 5 kiddos, and how all of them respond to him. Such a learning experience for both sides!
Sometimes he likes to make jokes about how everyone else is poo-poo besides him. "mama poo-poo" (giggle) dada poo-poo (giggle) pappy poo-poo (giggle louder). I try to keep my giggles to a minimum.
He has been known to be dressed up by cousins or aunties with a bow in his hair. Apparently this kiddo will stand still long enough to have a bow or clip placed in his hair, and a picture snapped before he rips it out. Is this a bad sign - or just a sign of patience? Hmm...
A week before Christmas he opened one of his presents while standing in a corner under the tree... I didn't even notice until he kept yelling, "bubble!" "bubble!" and then I looked. He didn't even look sheepish that he opened a present a WHOLE WEEK before Christmas!? But really, it was fun to play with bubbles before Christmas anyway... perhaps we'll start a tradition!
Hunter is very excited to be a BIG BROTHER to a LITTLE BROTHER come June of this year!

No comments:
Post a Comment