Haskins Boys

Haskins Boys

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Beach Bums

We escaped to the beach this afternoon, as Deborah and I always said we would.... why did it take us so long to get here?  Hunter's waited his whole life to feel the dry sand between his fingers... the shells in his mouth... the sticks in each other's faces, the sand in his hair, diaper, toes, pants, ears....  Boy do we love the beach!  

It was the perfect day to play with measuring cups and sticks, that's for sure






And what better time to scale a mountain than at the beach?  This log almost got the better of him... but he conquered it!  Like 3 times!  Although he made it look difficult every time... Perhaps he was motivated by his dad who was climbing Mt. Baker whilst Hunter took on the log at the beach.  Perhaps.

Hazel doesn't always get boys.  I don't blame her, for sure! 

Hunter doesn't even care if you make fun of his measuring cup.  He's got a good sense of humor and thinks it's a little funny too

You've gotta check out the whole terrain if you're goin' to the beach, of course

Playin' silly stuff with Rachel

Rache, can you be Hunter's model mom?  I'm pretty sure I would be happy for a stand-in some days.  Look at that hair flowing in the wind!

Speaking of Models... check out this cutie!

Hunter and Hazel had many conversations.  On the way to the beach they just awkwardly giggled at each other.  But at the beach?  No awkwardness there, just plain 'ol jabbering it up


And then, Hazel must have said a funny, and Hunter could barely stand it.  

Then, back to loungin'

I hope this isn't the last of our beach adventures!  
We missed you, Gretchen & Hannah!  ...another time?

No comments:

Post a Comment