CHOMP CHOMP
Just today he popped another tooth! It's about time, I'd say. Yesterday he cried for about an hour and a half before falling asleep for a nap. I'm hoping this was the reason for the unnecessary tears.... but still sad nonetheless. This would make a grand total of 9 teeth, and counting. And they are getting BIG! They don't even look like baby teeth any more, really.
| Just look at those chompers! |
LOVEY DOVEY
Hunter is DEFINITELY a Haugland. He LOVES to give hugs! (Not that the Haskins side doesn't hug... it's just that the Haugland's are 'known' for their hugs, and Hunter fits right in). If I ask him to give anyone a hug, he'll slow down, give the person a stare and a grin, and lean in for a sweet hug. He'll do this to all of his stuffed animals as well. He's a pretty huggy boy.
Speaking of lovey.... he's now giving out free kisses too! Closed mouth, open mouth, on the cheek, on the lips, on the forehead, or just a 'lean' kiss.... this kid's got a good kisser. And although I've been asking him to throw them out left and right... sooner or later I'll be reigning him back in.... hoping he'll be a little bit more choosy with those special kisses!
BUDS
Here's a few friends that Hunter has found himself playing with here recently...
| Carmody, Hunter, and Zecheriah |
| Gracie, Hunter, and Noelle |
Hunter LOVES dogs. I don't know if he likes dogs because it's the only animal he can attribute a noise to ("woof woof! which comes out like two short hums) or because he actually likes to be with dogs. It doesn't matter to me, it's just fun to watch him point out all the dogs in our day. He sees them at the park, in pictures in our nighttime stories, randomly strewn about our house from the last time he threw the doggie stuffed animal into the middle of the livingroom, or if ever I just randomly throw out the word 'dog' just to get him to say "woof woof" because it's pretty much the cutest thing I've ever heard.
Save for the past 2 weeks with his leg injury, Hunter has been a walking fool. When he first started, he seriously could not take one step without both hands in the air. So, he had to use his mouth as the tool to hold anything he wanted to bring from place to place. Pretty smart kiddo, don't you think?
VACUUM OBSESSION
Have I mentioned his love for vacuum cleaners? He can spot them from about a million miles away. I had no idea they sold vacuum cleaners behind the knife section at Macy's. Now I do. I didn't know where Kjirstin and Jeremy kept their vacuum until Hunter came around. Now I almost get excited when I see one! It helps to make the housework just that much more fun. Unless I forget to ask him to 'help' me vacuum the house. Then it's not fun. But if I remember my duties of letting him help me vacuum, all is well with the world.
This being said, our friends Drew and Rachel bought Hunter a lawn mower, to see if his love of vacuums extended to outdoor grass-cutting machines! (or bubble-blowing walkers)
He was a little more unsure about the lawnmower than 'real' vacuums he has seen before, but he got the hang of it pretty quick.
Thanks friends for the fun gift!
And our little gardener...
He loves watching & helping me water the 1/8 of the garden that I can call 'mine'!
And here's the future Frisbee Golf Stud, going for a long putt!
MUNCH MUNCH
Hunter hasn't been much of a good eater ever since he hurt his leg. I'm excited for him to surprise me with how much he can eat, here soon! But at this point, I'm resorting to using various methods and interesting tactics to get him to eat more than 3 bites of food... But he still is willing to try various foods, which is a great sign for the future!
SIGNAGE
He's such a riot to watch when he's signing! Here's a list of what he's saying now:
Baby, Bird, Swing, Peas, Cheese, Milk, Water, More, Swing, Please, Thank You, All Done, Brush Your Teeth, Socks, Swing, Shoes, Eat, Swing!
I quadrupled the 'Swing' since he makes that sign 4x more often than any other sign. This kid loves to swing.
Speaking of Swinging...
SAND MAN
He's been learning about different textures. This month, it was sand! He LOVED to sit in the sand, run his fingers through it, see that he's dirty, and not care! He generally doesn't like to be dirty, and will ask me to wipe his fingers if any food gets on them while he's eating. So the fact that he wanted to stay on the dirty beach is actually quite amazing!
| That hood did NOT stop this kiddo from crawling all the way into the water. The tide sure gave him a surprise! |
No comments:
Post a Comment