And actually, even though at 12 months I was "okay" with it, it took me all the way until 13 months to really actually really be okay with cutting his cute frizzy-sticky-outy-curly-wispy hair. AND, in the end, I even "let" Jake cut his hair, which he was really excited to do, as he's pretty much becoming a professional (he has now cut three people's hair besides his own and none of them were a disaster! In fact, they all were pretty good!) However, I've called his bluff a few times on my own hair, and I think he has enough smarts to know that its probably a terrible idea to head towards me with any scissors or clippers! (I have enough hair problems of my own! more on that later...)
But, back to little Hunter. He really seemed a confused by what might be happening in this little chair in the bathroom. "Am I getting dinner in here?" he must have been wondering. When I look at the pictures, I have to laugh, as he kind of looks like an old man coming in for his 423rd hair cut of his life, and just can't wait for the barber to be done so he can get on with the rest of his day. At least that's what the first picture looks like! But really the whole process was more like, "if you give me another cheezy-bunny, I'll be happy for about 12 more seconds, or I'll rip the scissors right from your hands" kind of a thing. But that was pretty much expected. So the cheezy-bunnies were there in full force, as our saving grace for taming and trimming his wild 'do'.
Here's Hunter "pre-haircut" himming and haw-ing while waiting for us to figure out how to best conquer this task. Looks pretty calm! (and slightly old-man-ish like I was saying before...)
And then, he sees the clippers. And they are making noise. And we weren't serving him dinner. Eek!
BLERG!! He then turned into Cartoon-Pucker-Face-Crazy-Eyed baby after seeing and hearing the clippers. I'm pretty sure Jake took this picture, looks like one he would take. So this picture helped us to re-think our tactics, as we weren't sure his face would ever recover if it stayed in this position for too long.
So, Jake showed him the clippers once more, put it up to his head with it buzzing,... and it wasn't long before it was determined that none of us wanted to deal with the loud buzzing machine that was turning our child into a blerg-monster! So, scissors it was!!!
And so, . . . the task was complete! Side ear-hairs have been cut, and back pony-tail-mullet hair is now trimmed. Unfortunately I couldn't get a great picture of the final product, but I'm sure you're not worried that I won't take any pictures for the next few weeks . . .
Hunter, you're growing up, buddy! We love you and your crazy hair. Looking forward to many haircuts, cheezy-bunnies, and blerg-faces.
I laughed so hard at the BLERG!! photo - I can't remember when I have laughed that hard! Grandpa Lyle :-)
ReplyDeleteHaha! I know, Jake has laughed so hard he was crying over that face alone! Thanks for keeping up with the Haskins :)
Delete