Ever since Hunter has arrived life has been full in such a new, unique, and unusual way. I say unusual because I'm not used to falling asleep with questions such as these:
~How many times will I wake up during the night? (new thought)
~What time will I first be needed in the morning? (No more "9:00" set office hours?)
~If someone calls to get together, am I "busy" or not? (I don't always know until Hunter lets me know...)
~What will I make for dinner? (Will I have any clean dishes to even get started?)
~When did I last shower? (I honestly haven't kept very good track of this one. Please let me know if it is an issue)
~Didn't I wear these clothes yesterday? (and will most likely wear them tomorrow too)
~How does anyone have more than 1 child? (frequent thought, especially in Hunter's first 6 weeks of life...)
~What did I really "accomplish" today?
Although I am busy and life seems full, I also feel so free as well! Without a daily routine, and a job to run off to, I am so much more free to love on my little baby, learn new things about patience and sacrifice, and experience a new element of life that not everyone gets to, or desires to experience. I have only been home for 4 months, but I feel as though I have learned so much already. I am so excited to experience each season with my son and walk with him through the tears, the giggles, the teething, the sicknesses, and so on.
If I have ever had a woe-is-me moment in the past months, I am kindly reminded by my conscience that I am SO lucky and blessed that I not only CAN stay home, but that Jake gets to stay home with us for 3 months out of the year! Although I have tried hard not to, I recognize that I have taken this all for granted to some degree. Every day I am trying to thank God for this unique, unusual, wonderful time of my life.
Although I fall asleep with new questions in my head, I also wake up with new energy and resolve to love the place I'm in and enjoy it to the max.
Thoughts Revisited:
~I have learned to almost enjoy waking up in the middle of the night. I'm the only one that Hunter wants at these odd hours. No one else can replace me!
~I have appreciated the fact that friends would even call to ask if I still wanted to get together.
~ I love that some days I can still pull together a meal that tastes, and even looks good! (I sometimes even get to the homemade ice cream that we are addicted too...)
~I have learned that showering is definitely overrated, and if you wear the same clothes every day, you save money on your energy bill! (The saved $$ will go towards washing the millions of cloth diapers for the little guy)
~I realize that having more than one child will change life dramatically but I am already looking forward to adding to our family (not yet!) and learning how to rise to the occasion of more demands and a tighter schedule.
~And what did I really "accomplish" today? Well, if nothing else, I am helping to keep my baby healthy and happy, and attempting to learn how to love God and people more and more.
So could I possibly add one more thing to my plate? Absolutely. In fact someday we'll hopefully add another son or daughter or both! to the mix. I may add a new job or new responsibilities. Jake may end up working during some summers, or even getting a new job altogether. But, for now, I love this special one-child time of life that will really only come once-in-a-lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment