After giving ourselves about 2 days of rest, we were off again! We were able to pack this trip pretty full as well. We headed down south & enjoyed a day of "wedding"of one of my first friends ever. It was such a beautiful day for a wedding, and we had some great time with my parents beforehand and then spent time with the bridal party beforehand. Kjirstin did an amazing job on Becky's hair!
 |
| Beautiful Bride & Long-Time Friends |
From there, we headed to Everett & spent the night at my Aunt & Uncle's house, to be closer to our 2nd destination. Leavenworth! We pulled in to Leavenworth at 10:30 on Sunday morning, just in time to spend about 2 hours confusing ourselves with the logistics of figuring out how to shuffle the cars, people, and boats from the drop-off to the end of the river ride @ the pick-up site. Our next door neighbor in Bellingham and his son were SO generous and offered to take 4 of us down the river on their raft before they braved it in their kayaks. It sounded like they had a blast! Me? I was fine with holding my little baby close this time & not adventuring with the rest of them. Rachel & I enjoyed our relax-time with Hunter, he was entertaining enough for us!.
When the rafters finished, we decided to eat at our Favorite place in Leavenworth: Munchen Haus! I'm sure their brauts are good, but secretly I love their condiments and could probably leave out everything but the sourkraut, 15 types of mustard, onions, relish, ketchup, and "Bavarian" Ketchup. I'm pretty much full after a few bites because the "entree" portion of my meal is the 3 inches of condiments!
 |
| Hmm.... Where do I start? |
 |
| We love Leavenworth - The tasting shop is the best! |
We took Hunter camping for the second time, this time without a "Plan B"! There was no house 13 minutes away like our last camping trip, but we were willing to risk it after having such a successful trip last time. We found a beautiful camp site on Icicle Creek and I'm already excited to go back! It was the perfect spot for the 6 of us.
 |
| Hunter gave Rachel the biggest giggles ever! |
 |
| Peek-A-Boo Baby |
The second day the three guys took the knowledge of the river from the previous day and ventured down the river in their own kayaks. Drew took quite the tumble in the first rapid, but they all 3 returned safely.... but only 2 boats survived! The boats are definitely getting a little old... but we didn't think one could pop like it did. Sorry it had to be your boat, Drew!
 |
| Woah River Models |
 |
| Drew getting mentally prepared to conquer the river |
All in all it was a great trip, with lots of adventure time for the guys, Hunter-time for Rachel & I, and enjoying the outdoors with friends.
 |
| Family Shot! |
 |
| Hunter loves Brandon! I think they have some similarities but I can't quite tell what it is... |
We enjoyed another very busy day in Bellingham today, and we're off to Port Townsend tomorrow! We are excited to spend some time with our nieces & nephews, and Jake's sister & brother-in-law.
We are loving summer and we wish it would last forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment