And so it begins. Our baby is beginning the beautiful adventure of eating real live solid food! I was pretty adamant about not starting until he was 6 months old (minus the sour red skittle that "someone" gave him) and I kept to it!
On his 6 month birthday, here's how we celebrated:
With Rice Cereal!
And it wasn't just Hunter who was having fun, we were like little kids in a candy store, just waiting for him to take another bite, and see what he did!
And... he pretty much thought it was the best thing in the world. After watching us put hundreds of things into our mouths, watching the spoons & forks go in with piles of yummy-ness and come out empty and shiny, wondering what all the excitement of eating was all about, trying to grab the snacks out of moms hand, it was finally HUNTER's time to shine! He finally had the piled spoon go in and the empty come out, and he flat out LOVED it. And I have to say we did too.
And so did his Mimi.
And so did his Auntie.
And so did his Uncle.
Then we all got smart and decided the food was a hit but the clothes were not, so off they went!
Here are his favorite foods in the world so far!
(and consequently, all the ones we have given him)
*Rice Cereal
*Bananas
*Sweet Potatoes
*Carrots
*Peas
*Water from a sippy cup
So on one hand I think its pretty much the bees knees that he's doing the whole growing up thing, (did I mention he's been sitting up on his own for about a month?) on the other hand. . . I am REALLY loving this stage he's in right now, and wouldn't mind it sticking around for a while! He is the most happy, smiley, giggly baby ever and I don't want him to change! Well, he could still change in the sleep department but I'm over that for now.
As I watched him sitting up and eating, it was the first time I could picture him as anything but a baby. Eating is such a universal, lifelong necessity that really connects us all, but makes my little guy look just a little less like a. . . "baby"! I could see him as a 5 year old, singing songs at the table and asking for more food, I could see him sitting with his soccer team at the pizza place after a big win, I envision a picture of him sitting with his prom date at dinner, and oh goodness why am I still writing because words like Rehearsal Dinner are popping in to my head and I can't even go there!
I suppose when I get irrational like this someone should kindly remind me that he's only eating because we are physically FEEDING him, and he doesn't really have a choice in the matter! :) Okay. I'm back from my emotional speed-calendar. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
But really, who wouldn't want to sit next to this handsome face at their Senior Prom? Really.
I love you so much precious Hunter, lets always enjoy our meals together!
love love love. Seems like our men are two peas in a pod with their love of all things food. I gave Colter pumpkin, apple and cinnamon today and he just about ate the spoon with it!
ReplyDeleteLike always, beautiful post! Can't wait to see the three of you in less than 24 hours and kiss those soft checks.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! Sorry I missed out, but glad I was able to participate in feeding Hunter last weekend. Sharing the story in word and picture makes it so much more memorable.! :-)
ReplyDelete