Oh yes. Its almost time to bust out the tiara, sport the tattoo, eat chocolate and espresso beans like a mad-woman, all this while busting my buns on the 13.1 mile course with a hundred other women! I am more than a little excited about this event, can you tell? In exactly one week, I will be doing my annual (as in this is year 3) marathon called Run Like a Girl. Its slogan is "Run, Walk, or Crawl" to the finish line. Ha! Love it. I love how when I sign up for this event, I actually forget that I am about to go THIRTEEN miles at once! All I usually think about is the people, the themed miles, the Hawaiian lays, the free stuff, and the ICE CREAM and MASSAGES awaiting me once finished with the madness. I am also over-the-moon-happy about this because I wasn't sure how anything would "work" post-baby, and now that the time has come, I think I'm going to be okay! I am very thankful for this, and I'm trying not to take it for granted! I have definitely been able to have some stroller/pavement time, if you know what I mean, so I should be ready to take everything in and take it all on.
Here is a picture of Run Like a Girl 2009. Doesn't it look like we're actually running? ha...
. . . and here's us running like a girl in the year 2010. Apparently the pre-race photo brings out the body builders in us. In fact, a little teensy Hunter is giving his best flex inside me in this photo!
This year I am looking forward to it for a few more reasons. Not only will I have a few dear friends alongside me, this year my mom, mother - in - law, both sisters, second cousin, and perhaps even Hunter will be joining the festivities on the trails of Bellingham!
So, I have one week to train for this event, which is why I am sitting here eating ice cream as we speak. Hey, I don't want an upset stomach next week by surprising myself with dairy deliciousness! Perhaps I'll hit the trails as well, but I'm not concerned with the outcome. They'll ask me what I want my time to be & that's what they yell out when I'm done. That's how cool this event is. I'm pretty sure you want to join next year. You might just have to train with me, especially now that I have a homemade ice cream maker . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment